Monday, February 4, 2008

Is a Call a Sign?

So this morning at 9:05 a.m., I got a call from the MFM office telling me that my insurance covers the procedure with no deductible or co-pay. The whole financial piece was the least of my concerns and it seems to be the only thing I have an answer to. There is no "authority" to tell me what date to pick or that if what I'm about to do is even the "right thing". I wish it was an easier decision. I know the only way for us to have a successful pregnancy is to have the TAC placed.

I am now having second thoughts as to the risks of surgery. This is MAJOR surgery! I am electing to have this surgery and another surgery when it comes time to deliver. I need to be here for my Precious Miracle and worry that something could happen to me - all because I made a choice - a choice that could turn out to be all wrong.

My morning has been spent googling statistics: c-section stats, blood loss stats, anesthesia stats. I told myself after our NICU journey that I no longer believe in statistics.

So now I am directly emailing the doctor my list of about 20 questions. I guess the next step is to see what his answers are. Surgery could end up being just a month away. Am I ready?

No comments: