Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just Waiting...

So now, I am just waiting for my period to start so I can call the doc and schedule my surgery. My hope is that the surgery will be completed within the first week of March. I am feeling a little nervous after reading posts on the Abbyloopers (TAC Yahoo group) page that some women had swelling for weeks after surgery. I was hoping to bounce right back to normal within a week or so. It is what it is and before I know it, it will be done and that's where I want to be: on the other side of this surgery.

The thing I am not sure about once again is sibling spacing. There is a comercial for a wireless provider where the dad leaves to go out of town and it's just the mom and the little girl. They play the Sweet Pea song that my friend turned me onto. I look at the relationship between mom and daughter and feel that if I wait, Precious Miracle and I will have that. It's a relationship that requires a little more maturity on the part of the daughter. Remember, Precious Miracle is almost 19 months. Do I really want to take away from her "babyhood/toddlerhood"?

On the other hand, close siblings seem to be all the rage in parenting and family planning these days. The argument that keeps me coming back is that as the children get older you can do things as a family instead of dividing up as little kids and big kids.

First things first, I suppose. Period, TAC, recovery. By then I will probably want to try it out and show everyone how great this thing works!

No comments: