Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nervous about Numbers

Well, I emailed my list of questions to Dr. Debbs and within hours he replied - answers highlighted in red - just the organization I like. He has performed 120 TACs since 1994. I am nervous about these numbers. This lead me to make a call this morning to Dr. Haney's office. Dr. Haney is in Chicago and people fly in from all over the globe to have him place their TACs. We are just a 12 hour drive away. This is my health that is at stake as well as the health of our to-be-conceived child. I need to make sure I am in the best hands.

I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with a woman from Dr. Haney's office. I am now thinking, "how can I not pick Dr. Haney?". What to do...

Last night, I broke the news to my mother. I asked if I could rely on her for help. She is looking for a job and if she finds one, I'm SOL on childcare for Precious Miracle. My friend, Sara, offered to help but goodness, she has three of her own and a husband that travels. No way could I ever ask her to take ONE more! While Precious Miracle would be in great hands, it's just too much for one person to handle.

The only other comment my mother had to offer was something about having, "two little ones". I had to remind her that my brother and I are the same spacing that Hubby and I may end up with.

My head is wrapped around this. I am committing to have this surgery. I am there. Now I need to pick a doctor. By the way, this surgery must be done by the beginning of March. Time is ticking...

No comments: