Thursday, June 26, 2008

4 Weeks!!!



Okay, I think the anxiety is beginning to set in. Last night I woke up about 4 a.m. and felt like my stomach was bursting at the seams. I felt so much pressure. It very easily could have been the pasta meal I downed at 10:00 before bed. But of course, my mind wandered elsewhere.

My period was due yesterday, today, tomorrow, depending on how many days my cycle decides to run any given month. I have slight cramping too which doesn't make anything easier.

I went for another HCG blood draw. Hopefully the doctors' office will have the result in the morning as I think they have abbreviated office hours on Friday. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do. It was a Friday that I called when I was pregnant with Precious Miracle to let them know I had a funny discharge and they said, "Hurry up, we're leaving". Turns out my membranes were bulging.

Anyway, onto happier thoughts... I pointed to my stomach today and told Precious Miracle that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy. Now, when I ask her where the baby is, she lifts my shirt and touches my stomach. She learns so fast and I am so thankful for her. This pregnancy is making me realize just how much of a miracle she really is. I always knew she was and thank God daily for her but the pain of what she didn't get by being born at 24 weeks is starting to become more apparent. Before now, I just didn't want to know. I couldn't process it. I wouldn't allow myself to.

So, I'm keeping up with my Prometrium, which made me extremely tired today. And, I'm drinking tons of water. I also started eating my block of dark chocolate each day. I heard before my last pregnancy that it makes for happy babies. I ate a piece everyday with Miss Miracle and I must say, aside from the two-year old fits she throws, she is a pretty happy, sweet girl. I can't complain. Here's hoping number two is just as happy and what I really wish for (aside from full-term and healthy) is a baby who sleeps just as well as Missy does. Boy, are we spoiled!

1 comment:

blogauthor said...

Hi there;

Found you through your comment on Pregnant After Preemie ... which I found completely by accident:) I had a 25-weeker, and I appreciate reading about others' experiences. I do NOT intend to get pregnant again (my baby was a "pill baby,") but still find comfort in other stories. I wish you lots of luck!