Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Busy Weekend...

Precious Miracle celebrated her second birthday on Friday. I spent Thursday night with my husband, mother and mother-in-law transforming my living room and dining room into "Elmo's World". I think I overdid it. Friday was a long day of visiting the NICUs (we dedicated the lactation room in honor of my little peanut), had lunch out, came home to let the dogs out and then headed back out for dinner at Hibachi. Saturday was crazy as we hosted the "kiddie" party. Running around, lifting and being on my feet all day was not the best decision. I crashed last night once everyone left and my poor husband had the duty of bath, bed and cleaning the house. I was in bed before 9:00. My body ached. I had no idea my thighs would hurt so bad. This morning was no better as I threw up inspite of taking my Zofran. Lovely. As I was heaving (not visible to my little girl but within earshot) she kept saying, "Bless you". If she only knew.

I am totally exhausted and luckily she has been napping since 11:00. She is overtired too and we are hopeful to catch up on much needed rest and relaxation.

My next appointment is on Wednesday! Can't wait!

2 comments:

abby said...

Hi Melissa...I found you through Jennifer's pregnancy blog...We're also preemie moms dealing with pregnancy after prematurity (my partner is the one who carried our twins, had them at 23 weeks---our survivor also just turned two-- and is now pregnant again with our singleton, due in February). It also sounds like we've shared some doctors (we go to the peri practice that you used to go to before you went the abbylooping route...but see a different doctor...they gave us a bit of a hard time about taking any different measures this time around or watching us more carefully but the guy we're seeing now is definitely more proactive).

Anyway, nice to virtually meet you and I'll be following your story and keeping my fingers crossed for a long and easy pregnancy this time around.

Mom of 24 weeker said...

Abby,

I would love to talk to you more. I am still using MLP and see Carlson on Wednesday for my first appointment. Did your partner deliver at LH? If your 23-weeker is around two, I wonder if we ever crossed paths.

Melissa