Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week 9!



I had my first appointment yesterday with the group that delivered Little Miss. It ran two hours in length and most of my questions were answered and most of my concerns were addressed.
Dr. C is not at all for the antibiotic treatment Dr. Davis is suggesting. Since Dr. C is my primary doc, I suppose I should listen to him. He is fairly confident I was a classic case of IC and believes infection played no role. He did mention bed rest. And I think he was taken aback by my response of "no". I explained that I felt extremely confident in the TAC. Yes, I will be nervous and sensitive to every pain, but I would be a candidate for the mental institution if I didn't do the TAC at all; even with a TVC (which Dr. C pushed for initially). I told Dr. C that maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, that perhaps the TAC won't work, but the mental state I am in is a positive frame of mind that will help me get through this pregnancy with reduced anxiety. Again, by no means will it be anxiety-free. I will do bed rest in the presence of cervical change, PTL or any other complication related to IC or not. My hope is that I can get by with reduced activity - no heaving lifting, being on my feet all day, etc.
So in my local practice of 4, only 2 are actively delivering and taking patient calls. That means I have a 50/50 chance of Dr. C delivering this baby. He did an excellent job on my c-section with Little Miss Miracle. In fact, for a 24 week delivery, he was able to pull off a low-transverse cut and closed me up properly with the double suture. Having gone any other way would have left me open for more issues. I am still nervous about uterine rupture but according to ALL the medical professionals I've talked to about it, my chances are no more increased. Anyway, Dr. C was even impressed with the size of the incision when he saw my scar. He couldn't believe that he didn't make a larger cut. The main point of this is something I didn't mention yet, and that is that Dr. C delivered Little Bit safely. I could have ten holes in my stomach, as long as she is here as safely as possible, that's all I care about. But I can't ignore the perks of having a small incision that looks good and healed great.
I have been exhausted this week and nauseous day and night. These past six weeks have flown by and I am in no rush to push this pregnancy along. The baby is perfect right where it is. However, I would like a little break from feeling so sick. It is hard to keep up with a two year old when I don't want to pick my head up from the pillow. Here's hoping things get better soon.
Finally, I had my OB panel drawn today. Just standard blood work. I have an ultrasound at 12 weeks for the sequential screen (we did it with PM) and then I go back to the office at 15 weeks. I start my P17 injections at 16 weeks. Then it's the anatomy scan and then I will be monitored weekly from about 20 weeks on. I was told they will be much more responsive this time, also being aware that I will be hypersensitive. And, Dr. C announced that they will not hesitate to admit me. I just need to make sure I have someone on call round the clock to take Little Miss for me.
It's back to Dr. Davis on Monday!

No comments: