Thursday, August 7, 2008

Double Digits!

So here I am at 10 weeks, what in reality should be 1/4 of the way there. I saw Dr. Davis on Monday and my uterus had resumed its tipped position. It was causing me tremendous pain so I opted to have him "adjust" it again. It didn't hurt as much this time and he felt it wasn't as far back as it was the appointment before.

When I saw Dr. C last week, he put the transducer on my stomach (without a full bladder) and there was the baby, clear as day. On Monday when the tech put the transducer on my stomach, there was nothing, no uterus, no baby. I had a moment of panic but a transvaginal ultrasound quickly showed the beautiful beating heart I was was longing to see. It was clear to me that my uterus was not in the proper position - something that can cause issues a little later in pregnancy. Dr. Davis has assured me this will not be the case as I am being very closely monitored. Typically a tipped uterus will right itself between 11 and 14 weeks.

I am doing my best not to take the Zofran. It seems as though my nausea has moved to afternoon so I usually end up taking just one sometime after lunch. And for some reason, my afternoon progesterone pill makes me so dizzy, I feel drunk. Dr. Davis said this is all normal.

I go back to Dr. C's office tomorrow to repeat my urine test. For some reason it came back a little questionable.

No comments: