Saturday, August 30, 2008

To Shop or Not to Shop?

Today we are headed to the outlets to get some new clothes for Missy for the fall. At 25 months, less than 22 months adjusted, we are working on potty training and so far, she's been hugely successful! I couldn't be more proud. This transition to big-girl underwear is a sad one for a mom who just adores onesies. Although it appears onesies stop at size 24 months, I feel we could have milked them for at least another 6 months or so. So now it is off to buy undershirts and tops that need to be tucked in. Yikes!

Since Labor Day is just around the corner, it occurred to me that the only pair of fitting maternity pants I have will need to be retired. They are white! I love them! They were a carry-over from Missy's pregnancy as I have not made any baby/pregnancy related purchases at all.

The thought hit me that I could run into the one maternity store in the strip (not sure what store it is even) and check it out. But my nerves are getting the best of me. I don't want to be superstitious, but I can't help but flash back to the days immediately after Missy's early birth when my online Gap order arrived in the mail. It was a new swim suit, maternity undergarments and other fun fashions for my upcoming fall as a supposed to be pregnant woman.

It was a miserable day when I had to return the clothes at my nearest Gap store. I was full of ammunition if ANYONE dare challenged my return. I was so ready to bite the head off anyone who even so much as gave me a funny look. I can still feel the emotion brewing inside.

Oh, you know, I take back the part about not buying anything for baby. While shopping for a shower gift for my friend back in June, I came across this adorable navy overall set (yes, boy) with corresponding white onesie. I bought it, knowing the Gap would take it back within 90 days if the baby happened to be a girl, not if God-forbid anything happened to the baby. Then I purchased a bunch of matching girl things at Talbots Kids. Now that return may be a little trickier as Tablots Kids is going out of business - darn! So, I suppose, that is progress. Maybe I just answered my own question. I suppose I'll go and see what I can find...

No comments: