Saturday, August 16, 2008

Calling the Doc...

So I broke down and called Dr. C today, Saturday, because of terrible cramping and pressure. We came to the conclusion that I needed a little Milk of Magnesia to move things along. I expressed concern that my cervical length has yet to be evaluated since my uterus has been "tipped"each time I've had an ultrasound. My stitch is visible and looks great but the status of my cervix is still unknown. He assured me that cervical checks don't normally begin until week 15. Okay, I need to trust him on this one.

It looks like pregnancy and my intestines just don't agree as this was an issue with my pregnancy with Little Miss too. However, my friend Wendy just informed me that progesterone slows things down and is more than likely adding to my discomfort and difficulty. Great, just great.

My appointment with Dr. Davis was bumped from Monday to Tuesday. They called yesterday to tell me. I was wondering how Monday was going to work. There is a woman on the Abbyloopers board who is flying in from CA to have Dr. Davis place a rescue TAC for her on Monday. I feel good that I was instrumental in helping her connect with him as she had had a failed surgery with a doctor who has only placed five TACs. When I read her story, I called Dr. Davis and confirmed that it was okay to give this woman his cell phone. He is so dedicated and committed to what he does. He is really an amazing man and takes doctor to the next level.

Anyway, I wish her luck with her surgery and hope she gets to term with her little one. If anyone can help her, it's Dr. Davis! Thank God he's so close. (Not really but worth the sacrifice for me to drive two hours!)

No comments: