Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Ultrasound

This morning at 11 was my first ultrasound. Grammy and Little Miss came with. The tech I had was a crazy woman, who questioned why I was getting an ultrasound. I almost told her if she didn't want to do it, I'd gladly accept another tech. She then proceeded to ask my little one if she was "growling". No, actually, she's whimpering because when she sees Mommy as a "medical subject" she likes to hold my hand and make sure I'm okay.

Among other things, I wasn't 100% confident in the tech's skill with ultrasoundography. She had a difficult time navigating around my cerclage and made more of it than there really was.

The good news is, we saw a gestational sac and she was even able to see a yolk sac. It was too early of course to see a heartbeat or fetal pole. I knew this would be the case and was not the least bit disappointed. When I see Dr. Davis on the 17th of July, I will expect to see the flutter then.

Once Little Miss knew that I was going to be okay, she "beeped" whenever the machine "beeped". She thought it was the funniest thing.

Turning to a much heavier subject, I just learned that a good friend's son and daughter-in-law lost their baby at 4 1/2 months. My heart aches for them and I pray that they come to terms with their grief and that they can move forward as a united couple in their own time.

No comments: