Monday, November 10, 2008

Not So Sure...

It turns out my symptoms as of Thursday have not exactly subsided. In fact, I wonder if they are not worse or maybe I'm just more aware of them. I started the Procardia Thursday night, thinking it would be a magic fix for my increased uterine irritability, but no such luck. Dr. G told me he was giving me a low dose due to my size and I truly wonder if it was increased, if I would feel a difference.

Anyway, I felt ambitious on Friday (which makes me nervous, that whole "nesting" phenomenon) and organized our entire master bedroom closet while cleaning out the remains of the guest room. I made dinner and went to book club. Come Saturday, I was up at 7ish with My Nut as I let Hubby sleep (he ALWAYS lets me sleep so I thought it was nice to reciprocate). She and I made pancakes upon her "I help cook" suggestion. The furniture guys arrived with the new "Big-Girl" furniture and I hopped in the shower only to discover my plans for mattress shopping and miscellaneous bedding related stuff would have to be put on hold. I could hardly finish my shower and ended up crawling into bed on a self-prescribed order for mid-day rest.

I was suffering from pelvic pressure that just felt abnormal along with some mild cramping. After a brief nap (I actually dozed) and some peanut butter crackers and apple juice, I felt better. I knew it was in my best interest not to push it so I made phone calls after seeing a Macy's commercial and comparison shopped for a mattress directly from my own. As an aside, it is amazing the deals you can get! Never take the price anyone quotes as the final number. Hubby went out to pick up the mattress along with those other items typically selected by the woman.

I took it easy for the rest of the day and had a really difficult night with what feels like the return of Fibromyalgia symptoms, affecting my hip and knee joints, the same trigger points as previous flare ups.

Sunday was a lazy day too and my plans to food shop today were overturned by my own instinct coupled with Hubby's encouragement to let him do it. So off I went to Dunkin' Donuts for a hot chocolate and, since I had a coupon for "buy 6, get 6", a box of one dozen donuts, five of which have been eaten by me with the help of Baby Boy.

Thankfully, Missy went down for her afternoon nap (after a busy morning at school) and I am lounging in bed, afraid to take on the steps, walk the dogs or do anything else that is potentially strenuous. I am drinking tons of fluids and just feel crazy pressure that is keeping me off my feet, again at my own discretion. I am very curious as to what this week's appointment brings in terms of a change in care or recommendations.

Finally, in terms of the pregnancy comparison game I started playing yesterday, since there is nothing specific to report on this day, 23w 4d in my last pregnancy, I thought I would share what turned out to be my last preggo photo the first time around. It was taken at 23w 0d. Oh, yeah, and once again my whole disclaimer on the fact that these photos were never intended for public consumption... I will be the first to admit that I look horrible!

Quick commentary: First of all, I feel like I look like Homer Simpson. It is clear that I am "rounder" with my girl than with my boy, specifically my face and backside. My boobs were also bigger with my girl than they are with my boy and I broke out much more with my girl too.




23w od with Baby Girl



23w 0d with Baby Boy

No comments: