Thursday, September 25, 2008

17 Weeks!

Here I am at 17 weeks. There is really not much to report... I got my second Progesterone shot this morning, thank you, Kim! And like last week, it was a piece of cake. The shot was injected into my left side this week and I will say, I had some minor bleeding at the injection site but other than that, feel fine. I did spend some time sitting on the heating pad which I think is helpful in reducing any potential discomfort.

I created a little shot countdown that I posted on the right side of my blog. The first thing my husband said to me when he found out Kim came this morning was two down, 18 to go. It seems funny to me to count my shots down, for each week that passes, we are that much closer to meeting our little boy. And I know I've said it before, and I have no problem saying it again, I am in no rush for this pregnancy to be over!

Plans are all well and good, but as I realized with my first pregnancy experience, plans go out the window real fast. Nonetheless, I still can't help but play out in my mind the way things "should" go:

My hope is that I am still pregnant at 36 weeks, that PTL (pre-term labor) doesn't strike or that I don't fall victim to pPROM (pre-term, premature rupture of membranes). 37 weeks is considered term and I would feel more comfortable scheduling my c-section based on that milestone because of my own crazy fear of uterine rupture. But given the fact that we are expecting a baby boy, and boy lungs don't mature as quickly as girl lungs, I think it's best to plan on having an amnio to confirm his lung development is mature enough for delivery.

So what was the point of all this? Assuming I get to successfully cross off each one of those remaining 18 syringes, my next hurdle becomes dealing with an amnio... why does that cart always get in the way of that horse?

No comments: