Thursday, September 4, 2008

Second Trimester!!

I am officially in the second trimester and feel extremely hopeful that my sickness will go away once and for all!

My new primary care is in the process of working on ordering my progesterone shots and home health care nurse who will administer the shots each week. This new doctor, who is fresh out of med school, I might add, called me anorexic when I told her how sick I was and how it is very hard for me to eat as I have aversions to almost everything lately. She really made me mad! After doing some research, I discovered that she is correct. There are two different terms: anorexia nervosa which is a purposeful disorder and just plain anorexia which is defined as "a medical symptom of reduced appetite" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa.

So it looks like I have a clinical diagnosis of anorexia or reduced appetite. Why does is sound more terrible than that? Like I am a pregnant woman purposefully starving myself?

Moving along, I have started to develop what feels like carpel tunnel in my left wrist. I am not left handed and notice it mostly when I am driving. It's pretty uncomfortable but nothing major - just another difference between my two pregnancies.

Which by the way, assuming this child is a boy, I take back my previous comment about needing to come up with a name. You see, even before we knew that Precious Miracle was a girl, we decided that if she ended up being a boy, we would have named him after my deceased father, Karl John, calling him Jack after my husband's deceased maternal grandfather. Yes, I know Jack is a relatively common name and I personally prefer names that are less-common. But the family connection is so strong, in our opinion, it overrides the fact that more than likely, he won't be the only Jack in his class. We are feeling somewhat confident that Missy will be the only one with her name in school - at least that's how it is this year for two-year old preschool! But back to Jack - it's such a strong name. Missy actually says, "Baby Jack in tummy" and gives him kisses.

I suppose the reason for the comment in my previous post was because I just want to be sure that's the name we are going to go with. There are some other names we like, for example, Henry and no, we would NOT call him Hank. That's about as far as we've been able to get. We have a girl name all picked out but these boys names are tough! The other part of this is that it is very emotional to commemorate or memorialize two very important people in our lives. My father passed away when I was six and my husband never met his grandfather, someone, who if my husband had an opportunity to meet, would in a heartbeat. I know it will be just as emotional for my mother, my two brothers (both younger than I), my husband's mother and his grandmother.

The other thing that I'm sure my father-in-law is secretly wishing for, especially considering the baby is due right around his birthday, is for us to name the baby III. My husband (obviously a Jr.), has a unique name himself and found it difficult growing up with a name that people always did and continue to butcher. He is pretty adamant about NOT naming this baby III. The only proposal I have - a gamble of sorts, is that if this child happens to stay in until March 4th(Grandpa's birthday) then by all means, we should name him III. I say this knowing that in all likelihood, this child will be out around Groundhog Day. If he makes it to March 4th, that in itself, would be amazing!

No comments: