Saturday, September 20, 2008

No Words To Eat...

There is no change of heart for me regarding my first Progesterone shot. The crampy feeling I had in my muscle was virtually gone by the time I finished with the heating pad. Upon assessing my injection site later in the day, I could feel only the slightest little bump - about one-half the size of a pea - when I flexed my muscle. Not bad.

I will admit I am now wondering what other side-effects I may have developed as a result of the shot. I've been so focused on injection site issues, that I neglected to even ponder other consequences that could potentially cause trouble.

For example, late afternoon on Thursday, Missy and I met Daddy at a golf-outing dinner. I was so mentally out of it, I could hardly carry on a decent conversation let alone deal with the fussiness of my two-year old. Fatigue also set in pretty strong and I couldn't wait to get home to my bed. Thankfully I followed Hubby home but will admit, I was driving on reserves - no actually fumes. I was that tired.

Looks like the fatigue was not an isolated incident as that has been my M.O. for the past two days: tired, just plain tired.

Then yesterday, I felt a faint pressure across the lower part of my forehead. I showered before bed, thinking that would help eliminate an escalating headache. But I was wrong. I had a terrible night of sleep as my headache quickly moved across the entire back of my head. This is a very different type of headache than I usually experience with my migraines, which I am thankful to report, disappear when I am pregnant. I did break down and take a Tylenol this morning and went back to bed with the heating pad. My first Tylenol during this pregnancy.

It is hard to function in a mental fog. Pregnancy tends to bring on that mushy brain anyway, and now I feel as though I have been dumbed-down even more. With my Prometrium pills, I would sense a feeling of intoxication with my afternoon/early evening dose. It was very short-lived but intense. While this current feeling has less intensity, it is constant. I wonder how long it will take to get used to my new, yet temporary, mental state.

No comments: