Monday, September 15, 2008

Time

This week - week 15, marks the point at which the remainder of this pregnancy is exactly what my entire pregnancy was with Missy. Actually, at this point (15w 4d), assuming I get to term, I have 24w 3d left. A mere two days shy of the entire 24w 5d she got in the womb. And, technically, I am more than 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy. It is absolutely flying by - not something I really hoped for. Yes, it makes the worry less (I honestly could be much more of a wreck than I currently am) but the reality is, this baby boy will be here before we know it. Am I ready to be the mother of two??

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my pregnancy with Missy felt like every minute, every second was excruciating. Now, I blink and a whole week goes by. Did I somehow wish her early birth? Yes, we were anxious to meet her and I couldn't wait to hold her and I can only wonder if that contributed to things. That is my irrational brain at work. The reality is that no, it didn't. But I can't help but ponder...

My stomach is clearly upset. I would really like to settle for a happy medium. My previous issue is currently no longer as whatever I eat quickly ends up going through my entire system. I really have to be careful that this latest inconvenience doesn't end up interfering with what was starting to look the return of a semi-normal appetite.

No comments: