Monday, January 19, 2009

And the fFN is...

Negative! I know I said I wasn't going to put any stock in the test, well maybe more so if it came back positive - but the fact that my fFN was NEGATIVE means that there is a really good chance I will NOT go into labor in the next two weeks. This information does wonders for the curious mind of a micro-preemie mom who is just waiting for something to go wrong at any moment.

In the spirit of honesty, my renewed fear is uterine rupture, which everyone has told me is very unlikely. But, coupled with the "unlikely" nature that I'd deliver my daughter at 24 weeks gestation, it's a bit hard to totally dismiss the advice. Especially considering that I am feeling so many tugs, pulls, pressure and other sensations that cause my mind to take a walk down the road of "what if". I see Dr. Davis tomorrow and my lower uterine segment will once again be evaluated for signs of thinning.

Some good news in the name of TAC advocacy - I learned last night from my in-laws that there was a story on their local news about the TAC. Here is the link: http://www.wptv.com/content/health/mb/story/Procedure-to-prevent-miscarriage/2MOthnLvvkeqpPdgN7kdIA.cspx

I have been unable to find the actual news broadcast but there is a written report.

Coincidentally, or perhaps it was the same report, there was another story on a news station in LA. Here is the link:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/health&id=6608988

The more we can spread the word about the TAC, the better! Women need to know there are other options out there beyond TVC. Here's to helping save the lives of precious babies and saving families the heartache of a loss or the terror of having a micro-preemie!

No comments: