Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Week!

So I realized my last post was my first post of the New Year and it was more of a complaining post than a happy post...

Here is my "real" first post of 2009!

There is much to celebrate this New Year's Day, the start of a "clean slate", a day to regroup, reorganize and prepare for the exciting things this New Year has to bring, the most obvious, a welcome addition to our family!

I have made it to 31 weeks! I am no longer at risk of having a 30-weeker and my countdown to term is now in the single digits! It is still crazy to think that Baby Boy will be here in a matter of weeks and I am feeling the crunch to prepare. Prepare, not only for him but my life and our lives in general as we become a family of four. Oh and did I mention that Hubby is starting a Masters program in a city about 1.5 - 2 hours away?

We are all cleaned up from Christmas, the trees dried mounds in our backyard awaiting pickup. One of my goals was to make it through the holidays, excited about their distraction from my nervousness associated with this pregnancy. It is hard to believe they have passed.

Kim came by this afternoon to administer my 16th P17 shot. I have only four shots remaining - I can count them on one hand.

Wow, I'm 31 weeks! How exciting! My next goal is to get to 32 weeks as Baby Boy would no longer need a level III NICU for his care. To me, that is a huge milestone and a great place to be! Although in reality, I would love to deliver no earlier than 34 weeks, so I suppose you could say that's the following milestone. The rest to me is gravy, especially when you look at our last experience.

My final words as we ring in the New Year are from one of our favorite Christmas songs - "... may your New Year dreams come true!"

No comments: