Friday, January 2, 2009

Another Phone Call...

Today we got another phone call from my old group. This time, it turned out it was Dr. C himself. Hubby answered it and when I realized who was on the other end was dancing around waving my arms in an "I'm not here" fashion. Turns out the doctor didn't even ask to speak with me.

I love my husband as he is truly one-of-a-kind and there is really nothing I would change about him ... except in this situation I wish he'd really stand up for me, tell the doctor a thing or two and demand that I receive a personal apology. But my hubby is just plain old mister nice guy and I suppose if he had the quality I am seeking for the satisfaction of telling off the old group, he wouldn't be the man I love nor the fabulous father he is to our daughter. That being said, I wouldn't change him or trade him for anything.

So the call was to supposedly confirm that I was not delivering with the group so my file could be closed out, whatever that means. From what Hubby told me there was no "we're really sorry about the way the last visit went" or "we're really sorry to be losing a patient" tone to the call. It was very matter-of-fact.

I realize this issue still gets me hot. I re-read part of my blog and around 19 weeks posted how I was unhappy but felt it was too far into the pregnancy to make a change. Ha, look where I am now, finding a group. Which by the way, I feel very good about and realize that I should have done this much earlier.

My goal is to have a safe delivery of a healthy baby. And once I settle in at home with my two children, I will start writing letters and making phone calls. There is no need to get myself all worked up right now with Baby Boy still cooking inside. Besides, I have too many other more important things to worry about. But I refuse to let this go unaddressed. They have not heard the last of me.

My advocacy of the TAC hasn't penetrated my old group yet, and this is not uncommon. I just read an Abbyloopers post from a woman who went to multiple docs, all pushing for a TVC. My hope is that my group, this woman's contacts and all the other naysayers will some day come to realize the life-saving benefits of this otherwise simple procedure (it's simple to me when compared to 105 days in the NICU or losing a baby). When Dr. C is at the end of his career, I would love to get a phone call or a letter in the mail saying, "You were onto something. I should have listened and I'm sorry I didn't." We can all wish, can't we?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. I had a 29w5d daughter in 2006, and am now 28w1d with #2 (a boy), so am not too far behind you. I hope that I last as long as you....and that we both can go on to have full term, take home babies! Thank you for all your stories, your encouragement and your insights!!! Julie (juliemelberg_at_gmail_dot_com)