Thursday, December 11, 2008

No Doubt About It!

It seemed last week there was some confusion as to what gestation kicked off the final phase of pregnancy. Some said 27 weeks while others said 28. Well, here I am at 28 weeks, so it's official no matter how you look at it: I'm in the third trimester of my pregnancy! How good it feels to be this far along!

Since seeing Dr. Davis on Monday, I have been keeping a low-profile. I have relied heavily on Hubby, my mom and my mother-in-law. I have been drinking more than I ever imagined I could handle in hopes of an increased amniotic fluid level measurement on Friday (tomorrow).

It's amazing how much better I feel when I rest and how that can give me a false sense of my abilities. There is only so much sitting around one can do without feeling like a lazy lump. Yesterday while Hubby and My Girl were out, I took a shower, made the bed, put away two loads of laundry and picked up a bit. By the time I got back downstairs, I was ready to sit with my feet up again as my crampiness and heaviness returned.

At this point, I am doing a self-induced purge of my schedule, keeping only very necessary appointments and sending Hubby or one of the grandmothers to take care of the rest. Poor Hubby is going to have to suffer through the last Kindermusik class of the semester next week. I know he feels rather uncomfy being the only adult male in the room parading around in a circle and singing songs. Songs, I might add he knows all too well as we make a habit of listening to Kindermusik CDs while in the car. For some reason, he doesn't really look at this musical knowledge as an advantage.

In addition to my increased fluid intake and rest, I have also kept up with the Procardia around the clock. The only new sensation I am noticing is that I am hot most of the time. Since I typically run cold on the temperature scale, it is taking some getting used to as I don't want to freeze my family by turning our heat down. I have opted to dress in less layers instead.

I feel pretty good overall at 28 weeks. My legs are beginning to cramp at night which is not fun but soon enough, I fall asleep and forget all about it. Baby Boy is quite active at times which is very reassuring.

On a final note, My Girl had a GI consult today. She knew we were heading to the doctor and in the car (my mother drove) stated exactly that: "we're going to doctor" - I pushed her a bit and asked her what they were going to do at the doctor. "Doctor checks Baby Brother!" she declared with certainty. She continues to amaze me this 24 weeker of mine... even though it was her tummy that was getting checked today instead of mine.

No comments: