Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

When it comes to Baby Boy, we are still up in the air on so many things. The first and probably most important is his name. Right now, I've been calling him "no-name" in an attempt to get Hubby to sit down and review names with me. Hubby likes what he likes and when I suggest a name as he dozes at night, he is quick to shrug it off. I feel that we can't and shouldn't commit to a name until we've thoroughly researched all the options. A name is so huge and I want to make sure I have no regrets.

The other big decision is the bedding. To re-do the existing bumper would be cost-prohibitive so to make a new one, utilizing the same chocolate velvet fabric (purchased new) and a corresponding "boy" fabric is $350. I didn't think that was terrible, especially in comparison to what we spent for everything needed for Missy. I just emailed my friend to find out what is reasonable to spend on baby bedding. I googled the one and only ensemble I like from Pottery Barn Kids and it looks like that could be $350+. Granted, it's the full set, quilt, bumper, dust ruffle, sheet, etc., whereas otherwise, I would be just getting a bumper.

It is amazing that I am 26w 5d! At this point in my last pregnancy, Missy was two weeks old already and I still hadn't held her yet. This is such a better place to be and we are so thankful.

1 comment:

twinsOtwins said...

Melissa:
So glad to read your recent post. I didn't see any entries for a few days, and then didn't see you at KinderMusik this morning. Hope all is well and hope to see you next week!
Laura (mommy to H,G, & O)