Thursday, October 9, 2008

19 Weeks!

Kim came this morning and injected my fourth shot! Wow, I can't believe I've had four already. Today also marks week 19, almost to the half-way mark of a traditional pregnancy. I have a feeling my half-way mark has passed already and assuming my half-way point was 17 weeks or so, I'm extremely happy with that!

Yesterday I did experience tightening and took a Prometrium in the afternoon. I took another one before bed as I can take them every 8 hours. While in bed, I asked Hubby to feel my stomach, comparing it to the directions and guidelines illustrated on the sheet Dr. G gave me about PTL. Hubby confirmed that my tummy was soft and that no, I was not tight and therefore in his Daddy-opinion, not having contractions. I slept quite well last night and the tightening subsided. I think that's pointing in the direction that perhaps the Prometrium is working. I also took one this morning with my prenatal and so far today, have had zero issues. I think next week I will start my Wednesday with a Prometrium as to see if tanking up on the med in advance of the tightening will eliminate it altogether.

Perhaps later today I will have Hubby take some more flattering photos of my pregnant tummy just to show my progress. The ones previously posted marking each week is something we started from the get-go of my first pregnancy. It's funny, the week I missed one was the week things took a turn. It is my Thursday night ritual to sport my lovely purple plaid pajama bottoms and stretchy black tank top. The pictures are taken at the end of the day when my contacts are out and my face washed. Basically, I'm ready to fall into bed. I'll see what we can come up with that might be a little more becoming.

No comments: