Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Some Numbers

I got a call on Friday from Genzyme, the company that formulates the results of the sequential screening. The second leg of the test was a recent addition as it was not offered to me during my first pregnancy. The woman who called told me this test is more sensitive than the first trimester screen alone.

My results were as follows:

1 in 9,100 for Downs
1 in 10,000 for Trisomy 18
1 in 6,000 for Neural Tube Defect

We are thankful that so far the baby and the pregnancy look healthy. I am just nine days away from my 20 week scan and pray that everything continues to look as good as it has.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for your note on my blog. I guess we are finding each other in the oddest places! I wondered if this was you...
Your Lovely looks wonderful, and I just loved the "I love you baby brother" video. Priceless!
Re: the flu shot. I did NOT get the shot while pregnant with Maggie, and I ended up in the ER and almost admitted! (This had NOTHING to do with my PTL) I had a temp of 104 for about 2 days, and there was nothing they could do. I know it's scary, but coming from that end of it, the flu was scarier! Just my two cents...
Can you get me your personal email- might be easier than "comments"...
~Sara