Monday, October 27, 2008

Did I Over-Do It?

The question on my mind today after feeling pelvic pressure and a low back ache is, did I over-do it this weekend?

On Saturday, Missy had a Halloween party and was everywhere! I was on my feet the entire time and didn't hesitate to turn on a dime to catch up with her. Thankfully Hubby arrived and was able to take over the herding duties.

Yesterday we attended the NICU Reunion where our girl was born. It was an emotional day as well as a physical day. Again, I was on my feet the whole time not to mention the walking to and from the parking garage.

Today being a Monday, Missy had school. Taking advantage of alone time, I did push through my morning routine of changing the sheets, picking up toys, cleaning my kitchen and vacuuming my floors. I picked her up at noon and she slept all afternoon. When she got up she was relatively non-demanding so I did get to sit around a bit.

Realizing the discomfort was not my bladder, I knew I needed to take it easy. I was also concerned that something could be amiss so I called and moved my Wednesday appointment up to tomorrow. They are squeezing me in, (thanks, Dr. G) as they don't have office hours on Tuesdays.

I am a little nervous because Tuesday was the day I got bad news with Missy and Dr. G was the one to deliver it.

Anyway, once Hubby got home and we put the alarming carbon monoxide detector to rest (we called the gas company who came out on an emergency call) I got to settle in with my feet up.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a good day...

No comments: